Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Best Non-Toxic Shampoo and Conditioner (Acure Review)

Acure Organics - Acure For Your Skin, Acure For The Planet
                                                  

Have you guys heard of this stuff?

I first found out about it a year or so ago from No More Dirty Looks when I was researching less toxic stuff to put on my body.  After nearly a decade of trying some random yummy-smelling but crappy-hair-producing non-toxic shampoo/conditioner, I'd hop back to super-toxic but fantastic-hair-producing (and usually bank breaking) shampoo/conditioner back and forth and over and again.  I've tried most of the stuff on the Whole Foods shelf, which mostly made my hair sticky and staw-like or greasy, dull and heavy. I've tried Pureology and Oribe and Kerastase, which all seemed to work okay on my hair while giving me major cystic breakouts on my back, chest, shoulders and hairline (folks: seriously, if you have skin issues in these areas specifically, change up what you put on your hair).

Anyway, I finally tried Acure last year.  It got a fantastic review on No More Dirty Looks and to boot, is only about $9 per bottle.  I use both the Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell shampoo/conditioner set (above, left) and the Pure Mint + Echinacea Stem Cell shampoo/conditioner set (above, right).  The former is moisturizing/repairing and the latter is volumizing, and while I definitely notice a little more moisture and softness when I use the Argan Oil set and more volume when I use the mint, I love them both equally.  My hair has never been better and (major, major bonus), I can easily skip washing every other day with no greasiness.  I really think this line has brought my hair to a healthier balance with less reliance on product to look great.  I do, however, use Acure's dry shampoo the night before when I know I won't wash the next day.  See why I use it the night before rather than the morning of here.  Also, perhaps because the line is silicone free, no more conditioner induced breakouts, which is amazing.

Anyway, I can't recommend this stuff enough.  If nothing else, the Argan Oil set smells just like almond extract, and what's not to love about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment